for your fix of cosmic sonic vibrations. . .

Feb 7, 2008

Coachella Pt. 1

In light of the joyous occasion known as Coachella, I have supplied some dope tracks from bands you may not have heard of who will be rocking this years festival.

First up is SPIRITUALIZED. These guys are amazing. Thats about it. Think of Pink Floyd meets Spoon or something like that. I'm giddy waiting for their live show. This song is the title track off of their landmark album, "Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating in Space."

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating in Space


He'res the video:



Next up is a dude from Scotland (represent Scot pride~~!!), CALVIN HARRIS. He plays funk inspired dance music along the lines of the Rapture and LCD Soundsytem. I mean. . .how could you really go wrong with that? His album, "I Created Disco," is nothing short of awesome. Here's his huge single from that album.

Calvin Harris - Merrymaking at My Place

I have been a fan of the next band for the last couple of years. Beautifully-layered, rich, electronic music. I got to meet them this week when I went to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel. Really nice guys, but a little weary of us filthy Americans. Did I mention they Rocked the house?

Hot Chip - Hold On
Here's the video for their new single, "Ready for the Floor."





That should do it for now. I'm going to do another installment of Coachella enlightenment. . .so keep a lookout.

0 comments: