for your fix of cosmic sonic vibrations. . .

Jan 25, 2008

How to do it.

Whats up everyone. It's Friday. School has started, and that means my little brown hairs are back on their path to becoming little gray hairs. So now it's time to rejoice over the fact that the work week is over and do the D.A.N.C.E.

First up today is a track of off Steve Aoki's new album. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first track off of it is just a copy and paste of the Refused's, "New Noise." Major boo points for that. At any rate, this track is a LA RIOTS remix of SCANNER's, "Low Life," with a little taste of UFFIE mixed in. I am in love with her just like every dude who knows who she is. Eat it up. Cred goes to LA Riots, not Aoki.

Scanner - Low Life (LA Riots rmx ft. Uffie)

What up to all of the ANIMAL COLLECTIVE fans. This next track is a remix of one of the better songs from PANDA BEAR's solo album. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it, but now it has become a part of me. It's so happy and yet tinges of dark and looming piano are sprinkled on top. Genius. Remix done by TURBOSTATION.

Panda Bear - Comfy in Nautica (Turbostation Remix)

The next track is a bit morose because everyone needs a little love in their lives. CHRISTOPHER ROBIN is a pop/electro act from Australia, one of the emerging hot spots of this crazy dance electro scene. *Cough*Cut Copy*Cough* One interesting thing about this track is the major lack of a snare drum. That doesn't bother me too much though. I love it anyway. And I hope you will too.

Christopher Robin - Always

Fourth up today is a track from NEON BLAK. This starts out with some cheesy robot man and wife conversing about ass shaking. . .things can only get better from there, right? The bass line on this track kills. Uh oh. The ass shaking dialogue continues. These Swedes are on top of their game. This is the remix, or as they call it. . V.2.

Neon Blak - Eurotrash V.2

Last up today is a real gem. From the mastermind behind the fabulous KITSUNE, Shinichi Osawa brings us a remake of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS', "Star Guitar." The lovely ladies in AU REVOIR SIMONE do a fantastic job on vocals (I'm in love with them as well). I could dance to this shit all night. A fist pounding, crotch thrusting delight. The video is below for all those interested. Feel what I feel. Take what I take.

Shinichi Osawa ft. Au Revoir Simone - Star Guitar



And that should do it for today.
Until next time. . .keep it fresh.

0 comments: