for your fix of cosmic sonic vibrations. . .

Jan 17, 2008

Round Two

It's been four days. . .and yes, it's time for another dose of remix love. This blogging business has become more addicting than I had expected. Ah well. . . and away we go.

First up is remix of a FEIST song called, "My Moon, My Man" done by the rad dudes in BOYS NOIZE. I'm starting to realize how inescapable this talk box action is. Nearly every remix that catches my ear has at least a little taste of robot vocals in it. That being said, you could probably guess that this one has a fair amount in it. Take an amazing, beautiful artist like Feist and mix in a dirty vocoder sound and a fat beat and I'm all over it. This track is in the top 10 of 2007 for a lot of people.

Feist - My Moon, My Man (Boys Noize Remix)

Next is another KLAXONS remix. This song has been around for a bit, but if you can't get enough of JUSTICE, like myself, then this remix is for you. It sounds like it could have come straight from their album. What else needs to be said?

Klaxons - As Above, So Below (Justice Remix)

Moving along. . . this one's a little change of pace. WILLIE NELSON. He loves weed. I love him. U2. Not so much. Put em' together and what do you get? Magic. Even if you loathe Bono and his antics as much as I do, you can't deny the way this track tugs at the heart strings. Mix-up done by the talented DIVIDE & KREATE from Stockholm, Sweden. If you like this track check out his myspace for some other lovely gems.

Divide & Kreate - Always With You

The last track I have for you today is a remix of, "Pogo" by DIGITALISM. If you haven't heard this song yet you've been under a rock for the last six months. At this point it's reached played out status. Every wannabe/hippie/indie chick at the club is begging for this song. This remix gives some new life to it and for that I am grateful. Done by the very talented MANO.

Digitalism - Pogo (Mano Remix)

Until next time. I bid you farewell.

0 comments: