for your fix of cosmic sonic vibrations. . .

Jun 24, 2008

Random Retro Tuesday

Gonna try something new here today.

Step into the time portal with me. . .



I know I'm a little late on this one, but Arthur Russell = my kinda dude. Twisted genius who was eons before his time and was never really appreciated. He was an amazing cellist and composer, but here are some tracks from his dance era.

Arthur Russell - I Like You!

Arthur Russell - That's Us/Wild Combination

Next up is some good cheesy dance music by the infamous Jeff Lynn and his Electric Light Orchestra.
These are a couple of their lesser known hits that have a special place in my ticker.

Electric Light Orchestra - Twilight

Electric Light Orchestra - Last Train to London

You may have heard of this last band. Twisted genius status- the sequel. David Byrne and the aforementioned Mr. Russell made some rad tunes together.

Talking Heads - I Zimbra

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere

Bonus (as if it were necessary):

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime

0 comments: